Owen’s mire is not a large town, but isn’t exactly a small farming community, either. It was built upon the Black Snake River three centuries ago, but the land has since turned into a swampy marsh. Notable features and facts include:
- The town is divided by the river into two segments. To the west is the Merchant’s Quarter, while the east houses the Residential district.
- It houses about 1,000 souls, primarily human but with a sizeable forest gnome community self-segregated on the eastern edge of the residential district.
- The town’s local temple, in the residential district, is dedicated to Osiris. Its head is a young wood elf druid named Aska. She can provide basic healing and holy water.
- The town has a pair of rival blacksmiths named Torm and Ronk. They both primarily make horse shoes, rivets, and other common items. They can both provide simple weapons and armor.
- Prim the alchemist lives on the North edge of town. She is a bit of a lush, constantly drunk on her own concoctions. She will flirt with anyone pretty enough and sells both healing potions and basic poisons.
- The town lacks a guard or militia, and instead has a sheriff: a half-elf named Osiri.
- There were two taverns in town: The Devil’s Pitchfork and Roscoe’s Rest.